Our front-line training fleet comprises of 'Yamaha Trickers'
They are a modern, single cylinder carburetted 4-stroke 250cc. It is the same motor used in the XT250 'Serow'.
These bikes are EXTREMELY easy to learn to ride on and suit all shapes and sizes.
*We do also have a Suzuki GN250 available on special request.
We supply the bike for you to learn on for no extra cost!!!
What does Rider Training NZ offer?
We have a variety of packages to suit everyone's needs;
1. The Full Monty - This is the all-out package to get you riding on the road. Includes what is in the Intro Pack PLUS Gear Changing and Hill-Starts
2. Intro Package - Learn to Ride a Motorcycle! No experience needed.
3. Refresher Package - Those who have ridden Motorcycles before but feel a bit rusty.
4. BHS Test - For those who are ready to do the Basic Handling Skills test without any extra training.
5. On-Road Coaching - For those who have got their Learners Licence and own Motorcycle and would like some on-road support for their first outing or coaching before sitting for their restricted licence.
For more information on these packages, have a look at the Training Courses page.
Complete a BHS course with us and have a choice of voucher for either:
$150 off the purchase of a NEW or USED bike or 15% Off Accessories from Colemans Suzuki.
NOW IS THAT A GREAT DEAL OR WHAT!?
Why use Rider Training NZ?
Some riding schools may offer Instruction at a cheaper rate, but ARE YOU REALLY GETTING A GOOD DEAL?
All of our courses are conducted One-on-One with the student! There is no pressure on the student to perform in front of a group of strangers.
We don't believe in sharing the time you have paid for with up to 6 other students!
- Patient Female or Male NZTA Approved Motorcycle Instructors
- Weekend Sessions
- After hours sessions available on special request
- Our training motorcycle is suitable for all heights / sizes
- Motorcycle / helmet supplied & included in the pricing
- Competitive pricing (Are you paying for group therapy or 1-on-1?)
- Post BHS training available (on-road with your bike)