All of our onroad courses require the student to have their own legal motorcycle.
Onroad Coaching or Assessment
Are you worried about riding on the road for the first time? We conduct one-on-one onroad training for the nervous rider!
Wondering how well you will do for your Restricted or Full
Licence Tests? We can conduct onroad assessments of your riding BEFORE
you take your test!
This is ideal for those who are nervous or worried
about venturing out on the road. We can help you find confidence in
your riding and teach you some vital road riding skills!
You must have your own road legal Motorcycle and appropriate Licence (6L/6R/6F)
We can come to your place and get you settled into riding your own machine or arrange to meet at a central point*
Our rates are: $100 p/h or $180 for 2hrs (1 rider) $90 p/h or $160 for 2hrs (2 riders) Grab a mate and share the costs!
Contact Us To discuss a lesson and time to suit your needs
*Within the Auckland City Boundary, conditions apply.
Confident Rider Course
Due to popular demand, Ridertraining NZ has brought back the 5-hour ‘Confident Rider’ practical course targeting the New and Inexperienced Rider.
The first half of the course will be practicing basic but essential
motorcycling skills in a large safe carpark, with the other half
finishing as an onroad coaching session. This includes a practice Restricted / Full Licence test course.
All types of Motorcycles are welcome (must be Class 6 - larger than 50cc). This is limited to 10 riders per course.
Next Intake Session Dates:
2013 Sunday 5th May 9am - 2pm only 2 spots left Dont miss out!
The course will cost $120 per rider for the 5 hours* 3 Hours Carpark Training - Slow Speed Skills 2 Hrs Onroad Coaching / Restricted and Full Licence Test Prep
*Can sometimes go over time due to having too much fun at either the slow speed skills or the Open road segment
Suitable for those who are:
- Not confident in your riding? - Want to improve your Low Speeding Handling Skills? - Nervous on Roundabouts or U-Turns? - On a Learner / Restricted and want to prep for their onroad test - Have recently acquired a Full License - Riders wanting to brush up on their skills prior to Restricted / Full Tests
What we will cover:
- Safety Check of your Motorcycle and Riding gear
- Slow Speed Handling Skills
- Emergency Stopping
- Hazard Avoidance
- + Many discussion topics
- Onroad Coaching Session - Mixture of Urban / Country riding (Licence Test Practice)
- Ability to pick the Instructors brain for info
What we will need from you:
- You must have your own bike suitable to your license requirements (including L plate for Learners)
- Your bike MUST have a current WOF and Registration.
- You must feel comfortable to ride @ 80kph+
- Bring a drink/snack as no lunch is provided. However we finish at a cafe at the end of the ride! - Make sure you have a full tank of gas before we start
If there is severe weather, the course will be postponed to a further date. If there is light rain, then you will learn more about safe
riding in poor weather conditions.
Come and have some fun with us and meet other like-minded people! Our training days are designed to be fun, NOT boring and dull.